The Stream

Monday, August 17, 2009

Our Summer Vacation (day 1)

Anniversary and Travel to Hershey Highlights

We started our day with a babysitter (which in my opinion is always a great way to start off a day!) We took a bike ride down the rail trail in Morgantown. I kicked Mat's trash, but he would never admit it.
Anniversary ride

We treated ourselves to sushi. Since last year, we always like to take a picture of us pointing to our food.

Ogawa

Here's a new one for you sushi connoisseurs--the sushi sandwich

Sushi sandwich

The waiter thought we ordered too much sushi and he didn't think we could polish it off, but we soon did.

IMG_3603

We drove to Harrisburg on Sunday to visit Mary Jo. She was having a cook out with all of her friends. I love sitting on her back patio with the old brick and impatiens, even if it is 90 and humid.

IMG_3607

Two fellow teacher friends of mine: me, Mormon Godmother Eileen, and adopted grandma Mary Jo

IMG_3609


3 comments:

Dannielle said...

Mic, I think we might need to buy you some biking glasses. The roadies will never take you seriously with those Paris Hilton style shades. On the other hand, maybe they give you an advantage. The roadies see the glasses, write you off, and you come from out of no where and kick their trash. I will have to think more on this before I make a final recommendation.

Melanie said...

Micah looks as though she is thinking great thoughts. I wish I knew what they were.

Erin said...

Oh you two are HOT in your matching bike helmets!