The Stream

Monday, June 24, 2013

Wrapping up Newport

Kicked back and relaxing Newport, RI vacation continued.....

Newport has lots of charming places to eat.  The atmosphere almost makes the food taste better.

We dined at a cute pizza place

Newport

Isn't hand tossed pizza cooked in a brick oven the best? Especially, by this guy who was up for a photo.   He was even patient enough to wait a second time while I adjusted my flash.

Newport

We also dined at Zelda's for lunch.  We've been on a patty cake, hand slapping kick, but when the food comes we all stop to indulge.

Newport

We also visited Fort Adams.  Huge fort with lots of tunnels.  We decided we would admire it from afar and explore the grounds instead of pay the $60 for our kids to do what they would have done outside the fort.

Newport

Newport

It was fun to watch the sailboats roll in and collect more rocks to add to their rock collection.  We found Kevin's brother (old brick, Becket's holding) and reunited the two long lost brothers.   Oh! That rock imaginations and conversation went on for hours with the kids rock friends. It was making Mat and I crack up.

Newport



A quiet, wondering afternoon well spent.

Newport

On the last day at Newport, Mat and I got up for one last run on the cliff walk.  The ocean was beautiful, so cut our run short and ran home to get the kids.  Of course they didn't want to go.  They wanted to stay and play with legos and watch the Disney channel.  Lots of whining and complaining to get their hineys out the door.  And, look who had a good time and didn't want to leave? My only regret is that I didn't jump on my mom's bed too.  I would have put her in the car had I known she was up.

Newport



Newport

Newport

Another fun reminiscing stroll was when we took Becket up here on our East coast trip when he was only 6mths old (2004).  It was just Mat and I and our little baby.  We ate at Poor Richards and sat in this very window.

photo

Lovely trip. It was good to see my brother and his wife Cassandra. It was also so good to have those memories with my mom.

The only thing I could have done without was my phone breaking.  The screen stopped sensing, so you couldn't open apps, make phone calls, do anything really.  Luckily, my phone had got us through crazy Boston traffic, but from here on out I was phoneless, mapless, and textless. Which translates, to lost and confused.  My only hope is when Mat sent a picture of this when he got home and I knew things were going to be okay.

photo

No comments: