The Stream

Friday, December 21, 2012

Cord. Neck. 4 Times. Miracle.

It's that time of year again where we (should) all take a moment to remember how I barely squeezed out of death to come to this earth and live.  35 years seems so long ago, but I'm sure for many of you, it feels like yesterday--and I appreciate that. I am glad to be a survivor of the umbilical cord.  I will wear a rope  ribbon today as a symbol to life and I will run my own 10K.  I would just like to thank everyone for your support and their donations of time to my cause. Please do not send me any money.  Use it to help the other umbilical babies in the hospital today, for they are truly the miracles of the future--if the world doesn't end today.

As for what I'll do today....

10K -completed
shower completed
brush teeth- after I eat my chocolate at 9 in the morning
call the hospital for other survivors and give them words of encouragement
Make fun of kids tv shows silently in my head-it's all too easy and it's sinful.
Satisfy any food cravings for lunch
Wait for Mat to get home so he can put me on his shoulders and give my growing pains a rest already
Play laser tag with friends and shoot their lights out - literally
Have a little fro yo--remember to bring candles
Have my kids tuck me in with some warm milk and sing me to sleep

Love to all! I only wish I could give you a hug today.

Signed,
Mic(acle)

Mic_Casey_Brian

Family_photo_2

Mic_Casey_Brian_Halloween

Micah's tribute birthday song





1 comment:

shelob said...

I can't imagine a world without you in it-- yay for the doctors who kept you safe!