The Stream

Sunday, December 23, 2012

A Christmas Visit

We had a chance to visit Grandpa Harris on our way down to St. George. It was the best Christmas present to me because he is such a wonderful man. photo

I flat out asked him: "Grandpa, you've lived all this time, what's your advice to us?"

Grandpa, " Well, in the war I learned how to kill people for 3yrs and then I spent the rest of my life loving people. Just be happy.Don't wake up and decide who you're going to be mad at that day. We all have our weaknesses. Be happy and love each other."

 After he said that, there was a knock at the door and it was carolers on a hay wagon. Magical. This is him listening. It brought tears to my eyes. This man loves being with his family and he truly gets this earth life. 

Merry Christmas Grandpa Harris.


 photo

No comments: