The Stream

Monday, August 22, 2011

Walking testimonial

Grandma Elaine asked me "are your lashes real?" as I was sitting on her porch.
"Why yes, yes they are Grandma" I reply sheepishly (and I was thrilled she noticed)
I am now a walking advertisement for Latisse, the eyelash drug that makes your eyelashes extend to their greatest potential. My eyelashes are at their resurrected prime.
I've been using Latisse for the past 4 mths and day by day I watch them grow like a newborn baby. It was originally a drug used for glaucoma patients to lower their eye pressure. When the patients used it, they noticed their lashes getting darker, thicker, and longer i.e. lush. The potential side effects include change of eye color and redness and irritation of the eyelid, but I've noticed no changes. I have had a little soreness on my eyelid when I'd rub my eyes in the earlier months, but this is due to my eyelashes bulking up like the Hulk. Nothing too bothersome.
If you would like some, talk to my husband the eye doc servicing the SLC and ST. George areas. He can get it for you cheaper then if you were to get it from a pharmacy (it does require a prescription). I also have tips on how to stretch your bottle of Latisse to last longer. Go to utahoc.com or call me. Then when someone asks you if your eyelashes are real, you can tell them the truth and say, "On my ancestor's grave they are!"
PS. Your lashes will work great as shield protectors when you're biking too. With a flutter, those little gnats will fly right out of your eyes.

9 comments:

McArthur Family said...

Amazing, I never knew. They look gorgeous!

Stoker Family said...

I love Latisse. It totally works. Your lashes look great. I need to get it from you guys next time. I just put 1 drop in the lid per night. Then it lasts for 2 months.

Kelli said...

Wow. I can't believe how much your lashes have grown. Were you nervous about your eye color changing? That's what I would be afraid of. Beautiful Beautiful!

Maybe they should make a billboard of you along I-15.

Dave and Mel said...

Hey gorgeous model friend of mine! I almost did Latisse last summer and now I am even more tempted...we'll have to talk.
Loved catching up tonight on the Pipeline and hope the remodel is going/gone well. Let's chat again soon and happy schooling!

Ashley said...

WOW! Very pretty lashes!!

Anonymous said...

So awesome! I've wanted to try it from the beginning, but I'm always nervous about new things and side effects. You've got me convinced!

Mindi said...

alright...i've been thinking about this since i read it last monday. you know that you will always reel me in if it involves personal vanity and/or spending money.

email me--i would love to get a prescription AND find out how to make it last. what do i need to do? mrclove@infowest.com


p.s. you do look va va VOOM. mission accomplished!

Emily S. said...

hook me up, Mat...

shelob said...

Except that I stink at putting drops in my eyes, this is tempting . . .