The Stream

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Frequenting the Southern Belt

We will visit southern Utah frequently because Mat will be working at his satellite office at the beginning of every month and then eventually take over twice a month. Lucky for me because I get to see friends and family, not to mention riding my bike on long peaceful stretches of road. Unlucky for the tires on my car.
This particular trip we spent some time with Grandma Rexine and enjoying a nice hibachi dinner. Thanks mom! And, we were invited to go and stay the night at Dannielle's cabin (Mat's sister).
We duct taped our shins until they were quite colorful
And then we went on Rhino rides with the cousins
We attempted fishing in the creek (pronounced crick if you're from St. George)I twas mostly just tangled lines and stabbings with poles.

_DIN9164.jpg

_DIN9165.jpg

_DIN9152.jpg

And we went crawdad catchin'

_DIN9169.jpg

_DIN9171.jpg

We also had a lovely dinner that night

_DIN9183.jpg

_DIN9188.jpg

In the morning, Mat and Dannielle got up early to run the half marathon from the Yankee to Parowan_DIN9202.jpg

_DIN9199.jpg

Dan will unfortunately lose her toenail because of the steep downhill and Mat walked like an old man for four days after. But, their bodies looked nice and toned while doing it and that is ALL that matters.
But I don't think either of them regretted doing the race together.
_DIN9215.jpg

After visiting the fine folks of Parowan
_DIN9245.jpg

we stopped at Mat's uncle's farm to retrieve a sign that Mat's dad chainsawed down 30 years ago. I figure we'll incorporate this antique into our house in some way. Maybe into a gate or a table.

_DIN9258.jpg

Kids got DOWN down on the farm

_DIN9255.jpg

Back to SLC we go!

4 comments:

Erin said...

So are you living in SLC now? I'm confused. Nothing new there. You have to let me know whenever you're heading to St. George. Next time we'll meet at the crick. ;)

Kelli said...

That was nice of Grandma Elaine to sit out during the half marathon. I'm sure she didn't want to embarrass Mat and Danielle by beating them.

Dannielle said...

If you don't get that black and white picture of me off this blog you are going to have to send me a personal check to cover my ugliness therapy

Kelli said...

You probably should have asked me before you photoshopped Dannielle's head on my body. Those are hot legs.