The Stream

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Apartment Life For Me

We've been in our little abode for three weeks now and I would like to point out some positives

1. It takes less then an hr to clean the pad. 3bd 2 bath speed cleaning down the path

2. I can plug the vacuum into one plug in the bathroom and it reaches the whole flat

3. Playground and Pool right outside my door. Literally. (The freeway, grocery store, and library are also a hop skip and a jump.)

Although, those are good points to love where I'm at, it hasn't stopped me from peaking over the fence for a new house. House hunting usually happens Sunday afternoons. After getting back this past Sunday from hunting, I asked the kids to make a list of what they would like in their house.

Ready?

1. Yard (Becket)
2. Basement (Becket and Gretchen)
3. The outside color would be green, yellow, red and pink (Micah)
4. Sun deck with umbrella (Gretchen)
5. swimming pool (Becket and Gretchen)
6. Playground (all kids) with decorations (Micah)
7. Tree house (Becket)
8.Chandelier (Gretchen)
9. Light House (Micah)
10. Fountain (Gretchen)
11. Pond with ducks (Gretchen)
12. Horns and Bricks? (Micah)
13. Restaurant that we don't have to pay for (Gretchen)
14. Butterfly Room (Gretchen)
15. Dog (Becket) Definitely. (Gretchen) Poodle (Micah)
16. Train around the ceiling (Mat--?)
17. Jell-o Room (Gretchen)
18. Iphone and ipad room (Gretchen)

Next family meeting will be about budgeting, I can guarantee it!

In the meantime, Gretchen has built Gretchenwood out of couch cushions since everything practically ends with wood around here (she thinks). There is Pepperwood, Cottonwood, and so on. She even made Micah have a ticket to enter her community because it was gated.

And, the kids continue to give us their unwanted input on houses as we drive by, "Oooo! I like it" "Oh! I don't like that!" Thank you designer children.

1 comment:

shelob said...

Hey, if you want to play in my backyard, come on by to Bensonwood!