The Stream

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Weak/Week

WEAK

April Fools

I stuck fake bugs in the sandwiches of my kids. Both Becket and Gretchen inspected their sandwiches prior to munching one bite. I was so disappointed. I imagined them spitting out food covered bugs in the lunch room cafeteria.

Onto Mat's office. I had all the time in the world to make my move because he was away at the VA. I taped up a big portrait of Abe Lincoln that announced that his desk had been vampire free. What? I know. You will only understand it better if you read the book, Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Slayer by Seth Grahame-Smith. (If you like that book, may I strongly suggest reading Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. Hilarious, especially if you listen to it.) I also played another prank on him which back fired because he didn't even mention it. I guess he'll find it eventually in his office.

WEEK

We held a shower for our dear neighbor Cynthia who is due to have a baby in May. We ate gourmet home cooked Persian food, recipes to come, once I hound her mother. (Photos by Anna)


Oh, and I had a mole removed from my face, hence the big circle on my right cheek. Not sure how long this nice charred circle will last, but it's a doozy and does not serve as a compliment in my pictures.


You can still see the mole from this far away.


We are starting to go through the house to prepare for our move, well let me rephrase that, I am hyper actively going through the house and Mat is.....well, ....Mat is preoccupied. There are plenty of other things he's rather be doing. I finally made him a list, and we didn't get too far on that. Oh well!

Then there is General Conference - All Calories Blown - Weekend. Twice a year our church holds a televised conference where we all stay home and watch Saturday and Sunday sessions. I was doing really well with taming my sweet tooth(s) until this weekend.  I don't know what it is about this weekend that it makes me think I should celebrate and eat anything.  Monday will be a different story, I suppose.

No comments: