The Stream

Monday, April 25, 2011

Rainy Days=Museum








Friday was a saturated day of wetness, so I trucked the kids up to the discovery museum in Pittsburgh. We listened to Lemony Snicket. I love the explanation of vocab in these books. They are rather dark, but that's what has us hooked. I'm thinking these books will help my kids appreciate the parents they have!

The Museum has a Mr. Rodger's exhibit, since he's from the area. The kids can't appreciate this as much as we can, but at least they faked it (sorta).





The museum was very enjoyable, minus the gravity room. The room is steeply slanted and with the tiled floors it plays tricks on your mind. It played it so well on mine that I quickly became nauseous and had to get out of there quick, despite the fact that Becket wanted to show me a few more tricks. I'm starting to get queasy right now looking at it.



The rest of the weekend was great too. I'm sure I took some heartwarming Easter pictures of the kids, but I failed to put the memory card in the camera. Der! Why don't expensive cameras tell the blond operators that there is not a card in the slot?

They had fun finding their baskets, we watched an Easter movie about Christ, had an Easter supper and whole lot of Easter candy.

1 comment:

Rachel Oswald said...

That is funny about the memory card. They really SHOULD tell you there is no memory card. That gravity room looks crazy fun! But more so just crazy - I would get sick in there too.