The Stream

Thursday, April 14, 2011

DC

So, the whole purpose of us going down to DC was to fight to the death for ophthalmologist all over the country. Optometrist are slowly leeching their way into the business without having the extra 4yrs of training that ophthalmologists do. So while Mat was off lobbying we were off playing.


The Zoo (The other kids in the photo we met on the subway. They're from Buffalo and I felt I knew her my whole life. We helped each other out that day since we were both solo.)



Why is it that when you go to the zoo, all kids want to do is pose on the bronze statues?


Here


And, here (Gretchen was shoved off by Becket and was still choosing to hold a grudge.)



We did get to see pretty pink flamingos. Their pinkness fascinates me. If I turned the color of the food I ate, I would be a nice milk chocolate. Hmmm.. that actually wouldn't be too bad.


We also saw little lion cubs.


We got some yogurt on the way to the subway. The hill was so steep on the way up I rewarded my kids for good behavior. I also took Micah to the bathroom for the umpteenth time. Do your kids have those days where they have to go every five seconds? Well, it gets better, read on...



I took her right before we got on the subway and headed to the hotel. I got off on the wrong stop and while I was trying to figure out which one I needed, Micah said she had to go. FOR THE LOVE ALREADY MICAH! I told her she could wait because I had literally just taken her. She starts to panic and I am thinking she is just letting out a little drama. I was wrong. She said she was peeing. Yep. Right there in the subway station. I don't know why I tried to stop it from coming out, like I have some miracle hand to end all. I ended up getting pee all over my hands. Embarrassed, I didn't tell the Mr. Subway man what it really was, I just asked if there were paper towels because I had a mess to clean up. When I turned around Micah was striping down because she can't stand the feel of wet clothes. Unfortunately, that was not an option, so she ended walking outward and straight legged all the way back to the hotel.

No comments: