The Stream

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Goldilocks and The Shoemaker

Micah, Micah, Micah!

You are soooo picky with the type of shoes you will actually wear. We've been looking for new shoes for her since November and there is ALWAYS something wrong with them from the second she tries them on. "Too squeezy!" "Too white, how about more pink." "Ohh! What about these?" she says as she points to the plastic, hot pink, jellied ones (so not functional).

Today I think we found some. They are sparkly pink (a must) and a kind of tennis shoe with straps that she can do by herself. They are also overly comfortable, her #1 priority when it comes to shoes. That's my little Goldilocks and her "just right" attitude.

Before I purchased them, I made her walk around the entire store while wearing them. Ya see, I'm an old hat at this, I've learned to make her walk around in them before she makes up her mind that she utterly can't stand the sight of them any longer. This little trick saves me another trip back to the store to return them.

Here's looking at you kid (princess shirt, attempted wink and all):



Now, about that bowl of mushy cereal you say you're going to eat every morning because your starving? How come I always find it's sludgy content still sitting on my counter well after breakfast time? I took a picture for proof for when I need a favor when you're older.

1 comment:

Dannielle said...

I feel your pain. Why do you think Gretchen gets so many pairs of shoes that look barely worn. Well, it's because they have barely been worn. Grace finds something wrong with every pair of shoes she has already purchased and worn for one day (as did Ellie before her). I have one word for you...KEEN. The only brand they haven't found a problem with YET.