The Stream

Sunday, March 13, 2011

My Own Recital

That's right, we decided to throw our own recital. I know. The Harris family started to learn the piano in August and Sheila started the harp around the same time. We felt it was time to put our efforts to work and challenge ourselves in front of a group of people. Why?(mental craziness) I don't know why, but we did, and it did get me to practice a bit more.

There were other neighbors around with some great talent, so we invited them to our recital too. We made a program, decorated the front door with a few musical notes and lit some candles for the mood.

Becket was first to go with Jingle Bells.

_DIN7667.jpg

Then Jiyun

_DIN7668.jpg

Gretchen and I playing Alouette a duet.Good mom and daughter time, too bad I'm completely hiding her.

_DIN7670.jpg

Caroline- minuet in G

_DIN7672.jpg

Mat playing Chiapanecas (Mexican Clapping song)

_DIN7673.jpg

Me playing Alpine Melody

_DIN7676.jpg

Jared playing Here AM I.

_DIN7677.jpg

Kelli playing River Flows in You. I'm sure the baby was jamming to the music. 1 week to go Kelli!

_DIN7678.jpg

Zvi playing Springtime harmonica. Totally rocked and the kids started a mosh pit on the living room rug. He brought his own blues costume for a personal touch.

_DIN7680.jpg

Sheila on the harp playing The Jade Temple. The kids were in awe at the funny looking instrument.

_DIN7682.jpg

Jenny singing opera O Mio Babbino. She's only 5'2" and this girl can belt it! She only started training when she was 16.

_DIN7684-2.jpg

Julie playing the The Entertainer

_DIN7688.jpg

Then, of course, there was the delicious food that everyone helped with. It was a good experience even though a little intimidating, but it puts hair on the chest! Thanks for coming my little Morgantown family.

_DIN7689.jpg

9 comments:

Jennifer Allen said...

Thanks for putting this recital on it was a lot of fun!

McArthur Family said...

That is AWESOME!!!! I love that you held your very own recital! Brilliant!

andrea said...

Turned out just great! It was fun to see the pics after knowing it was going on. We'll be looking forward to a second recital when we get there.

Kelli said...

I loved the recital. It was a great time! Thanks for putting it together. By the way, it should not be legal to photograph pregnant women while sitting - not flattering :)

It was a fun night full of talents. I still want to hear Jenny hit the highest note she can!

Dannielle said...

Only you would throw your own recital Mic! I actually slammed my own hand in the car door once to get out of having to play at a recital.

Dannielle said...

Mat and I played a piano duet when he was 5 and I was 8 (We'll Go Fishin' in a Crawdad Hole). We spent more time shoving each other off the piano bench than we did playing the song.

jweed said...

it was suprisingly fun to be in our own recital! loved every minute of it (except for me playing). thanks for the invite, as always! guess next year we'll have to fly out for the recital.

Rachel Oswald said...

Of course you threw your own recital! You Harris folk are great at finding a reason to celebrate with friends.

P.S. I still love your turquoise table.

shelob said...

This was fun!