The Stream

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Haven't Made Saturday Plans Yet?

May I suggest heading to the local auction? Sorry if you don't live where I live, but I'm sure there are local auctions near you. It just won't be nearly as interesting nor as quirky as our local West Virginia Ball Auction. It's very intriguing, the items and the people. It's an experience, let's say that.

They sell bedroom sets, nice leather couches, opened packages of paper towels they can no longer sell, Grandma's vacuum with a note attached that says "missing a bolt, but works great!"

So here it is--

_DIN7647.jpg

People sit here ALL DAY. I was done after a 1hr and my kids were done after 10min. It starts at 1PM and can go until 1AM. They just keep auctioning until they run out of stuff.  You never know when your item will be up for auction so you just wait.

I cannot believe how fast the auctioneer can talk. And the way he stalls...what a kick!

And so here we are:

_DIN7646.jpg

I wanted so badly to buy something, but we were too slow. Items were gone before we even decided that we wanted it. Things just happened so fast while Mat was trying to price compare to make sure we couldn't get it cheaper online.  My oh my! We are not cut out for this! But, I'll take this little experience and put it in my pocket.

_DIN7648.jpg

Gretchen and I both got car sick on the way back, I guess we didn't leave with nothing after all! Curse those West Virginia windy roads.

4 comments:

Erin said...

I can SO see you there Mic! Too much fun. :)

McArthur Family said...

=)

Jenny said...

This is my kind of fun-- I'm jealous!

Cheryl said...

Dude, I kept reading on hoping to read about your amazing deal as I reflected on our garage saling days and your beautiful rocking chair. I would have been so nervous. Guess I'll stick to the garage sales as I try to beat other customers there but I still haven't found sales like Hershey, PA! On another note...bring on the MARCH MADNESS and GO DUKE!