The Stream

Monday, December 20, 2010

So begins the Snow Days and Delays

School District Recording, "This message is on behalf of Frank Devano, superintendent of the Monongalia School District. There will be a 2 hour early dismissal, today, December 16th. All students will be dismissed two hours prior to regular time. I repeat..." The message is an older woman's secretary voice, not to get mixed up with a school lunch lady voice, because they are very similar, but this one has more of a slow specific tone to it with force and volume on the important parts of the message. I wish I knew her name.

Anyway, I went and picked up the kids since a little bird told me the buses would be way late and I did not particularly want to freeze at the bus stop.

Here's what we did with our extra hours in the afternoon.

Made hot chocolate with cookies per Becket's request. I went along with it because who doesn't want an excuse to make these treats?

IMG_4161.jpg

Christmas movie. Now, this was an unusual way to watch a movie, but why not, it's Christmas! I think it's brilliant, I think it is even more brilliant that she got her little sister to do it with her. It looks terribly uncomfortable.

IMG_4157.jpg

Next, break out the snow gear. Hope things still fit, because I haven't looked at this box since the spring.

IMG_4162.jpg

Oh no! Man down. At least, she has her cookie to snack on until someone comes by and props her up.

IMG_4164.jpg

Took a walk to the store. I carried Micah on the sled on the way there and my milk on the way back. Funny look from the clerk when I asked her to watch my sled, I told her to think outside the cart in my mind. It made carrying those groceries easier, except for when I suddenly stopped the sled and Micah fell right into the sushi. Hot red chili sauce was now pooling in the corner of my sled. I will warn her next time when I decide to stop.

IMG_4166.jpg

Snow Vader, just in time because it was growing dark.

IMG_4167.jpg

And Ruffy was given bells at the end of a long, wonderful afternoon.

IMG_4168.jpg

Thank you Frank Devano, superintendent of Monongalia Schools.

Tallies

Closures
l

Delays/early dismissals

lll

1 comment:

Caroline said...

That post made me smile. What a fun lazy afternoon.