The Stream

Friday, December 10, 2010

One Dollar

Harris Tradition:
Take kids to the dollar store to shop for each other.

This year, it goes a little something like this:

Mic: "On Saturday, we'll take you to the dollar store to do your Christmas shopping for your siblings."

Gretchen: "Oh! So if I pick out a gift for Becket and he coming down the isle, I'll just say I have nothing in my hand or what?"

Becket: "And, if if Gretchen asks me what I got her, I can just say underpants?"

Micah giggling: "UNDERPANTS!"

untitled-1442.jpg

Becket was so careful this year not to spoil his surprises for his sisters that he wouldn't give it to me to pay for it! Talk about a death grip on a florescent caterpillar for Micah and party favor cars for Gretchen. He thought they were perfect gifts and he explained that the cars could go either way, "they're for boys or girls, mom."

Riiiggght!

Remind me to give him a gentle nudge in the right direction next year at the dollar store.

1 comment:

The Singer Family said...

we do the dollar store tradition too, though next year I'm thinking if we swap names then each could spend a whopping $3 on 1 kid. talk about possibilities!!!