The Stream

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Holy Crap, Aspen is Nice!

Hello Aspen.

IMG_2174

Tree lined streets

Shady red brick walkways

Awning covered shops

Gourmet restaurants

Beautiful green peaked mountains

Endless biking and hiking trails

It's good to know that Aspen is a great getaway, especially when it is FREE

Mat's department gives the fellows an allotment once a year for conferences, so it made this trip to Aspen that much sweeter.

_HAR2397

IMG_2178

IMG_2164

IMG_2177

Highlights

Fancy Micah-N-Cheese dinner with milk served in wine glasses.

IMG_2161

Lots of TV watching with a new twist

IMG_2166

The surprise of rain and cooler temperatures

IMG_2165

The Thirft Store. The rich people's junk were the only things we could afford.

IMG_2162

Hanging out.

_HAR2409

Becket entertaining the crowd with a simple piece of bubble wrap and the town fountain.

_HAR2404

The game we played called, Beat the Water


_HAR2389

Then Beck decided to get Evil Knievel on us and rode his bike through the fountain

_HAR2407

Goodbye, Aspen.

IMG_2167

3 comments:

Kelli said...

Aspen sounds great! Is that where you have a job prospect? I know it was in CO, but I thought maybe it was Denver. Thanks for the posts. It's fun to see the progress of your trip. You are missed.

Dave and Mel said...

I can't wait to see you too!! Your trip log is so entertaining and I wish I was in the car with you guys! We've talked about Colorado too....looks like a great place. Can't wait to chat...happy travels :)

Erin said...

I've always wanted to visit Aspen! Looks and sounds heavenly.

Maybe I missed something (a real possibility with how out of it I've been lately) but why are you making this cross country trip? Are you ultimately ending up in Utah? Will you be home at all this summer? I'd love to see you!

p.s. I didn't comment on this before, but I LOVED your maps. A little crazy Mrs. Nash...but I loved it. :)