The Stream

Monday, March 22, 2010

Resuming an UN- Rountine on Wednesday

Mat's test is tomorrow. The biggie, the boards. It's hard to imagine that spending this last decade of your life comes down to passing this one test. A tidbit of information about this wonderful little thorn of a test, they only pass the top 2/3rds weeding out the bottom 1/3rd, so let's say you get a score of 90% but you fall in the bottom 1/3, you don't pass. You should be confident in your ophthalmologists, because you are getting the cream of the crop.

That being said, the Harris household is very nervous and excited to have this test done with. I know he'll do well. He's honestly has done everything in his physical power to prepare.

1. Running in the mornings he's listened to prerecorded readings, narrated by himself from his study books the night before.
2.Studies any spare second at work and stays later to put in a little more
3. Studies when he gets home
4. Studies all day Saturday-putting in a regular work day, even when the weather is 70 degrees.

So, it will be nice that Mat will have a little freedom again. Routine will not resume on Wednesday. I here by declare no routine at all!

Good luck tomorrow Mat and may we all say a little prayer that you have the stamina to complete your thorn of a test.

7 comments:

Emily S. said...

Best of luck Mat! You are going to do awesome! You seriously are one of the smartest guys we know.

Kelli said...

Wahoo! He'll do great! And you'll have your husband back in full force. Yay! Good luck Mat!

Dannielle said...

I have all the confidence in the world that you will pass with flying colors. Remember when we were kids and we would debate which of us was the smartest (even though I am three years your elder!)? Well, today I concede! You win. You are officially the smartest! And don't forget it tomorrow. I am willingly handing you my smartest label to give you good karma during the test. There is a possibility that I may ask for it back when the test is over, or I might just let you hang on to it forever (since it rightfully belongs to you). We will see. I love you Mat! I would say good luck, but you don't need luck, you have knowledge!

Dannielle said...

I have all the confidence in the world that you will pass with flying colors. Remember when we were kids and we would debate which of us was the smartest (even though I am three years your elder!)? Well, today I concede! You win. You are officially the smartest! And don't forget it tomorrow. I am willingly handing you my smartest label to give you good karma during the test. There is a possibility that I may ask for it back when the test is over, or I might just let you hang on to it forever (since it rightfully belongs to you). We will see. I love you Mat! I would say good luck, but you don't need luck, you have knowledge!

Dave and Mel said...

we will have a moment of silence at dinner tonight for Mat and the test of tests!! I'm so excited for this to be over for both of you (well, all five of you, I should say) and wish you the best!
mic-- feeling good and huge and ready to see what this baby is!

Melanie said...

good luck!

Erin said...

Oh Mic! I will be thinking about you guys for the next two days. I'm quite sure Mat will do awesome. I know all too well what you are all feeling like. I thought the California Bar would do Kenny and I both in. To this day, Kenny can't drink Vanilla Coke because he drank so much of it studying for the bar. :) Mat will do fabulous and horray for getting that thing over with!!!