The Stream

Monday, March 8, 2010

Neighborhood Crab

I have had it up to my feet in dog poop. That's right! Me, the lady with the three young kids on the end unit. The lady with the same young kids that play in the yard. 'Member? 'Member us playing outside? 'Member?

After taking out the garbage and seeing various sizes of it sprawled across my lawn, ALL from different dogs, I decided it was time to take matters into my own hands. I knew by doing this that I would receive a neighborhood negative title, "dog hater" "Micki the Monger" "The Dog-gone Her" but whatever, it's fine with me. If they give me crap (no pun intended) I will open up my can and let it spillth over. Did you think I wouldn't notice? Do I walk my kids on your lawn without a diaper? Come on! I know that these dogs are loved, loved more than kids, but where is the "Love thy neighbor?", Where's the cleanliness? Are dogs above this common sense rule? Don't mess!

So I posted my wrath hoping they would heed to my warning:
IMG_5362

It's been up for a few weeks. I tried to write it nicely. I even put a smiley face on it as to not seem too upset. I could of gone neon bigger, but I didn't. All the dog people are staying clear from me when I'm outside. They walk the opposite direction. The guy with the yappy dogs took a short cut between two houses today because he saw me coming. Remember, it's still snowy and muddy--no one wants to take that shortcut unless you are trying to avoid crazy dog hater lady on the end unit.

I'm still nice to them. I even call their dogs by name. I still let my kids squeal "Dog!" when we walk by. I still smile and give them a pat, when inside I'm dying to run to my bathroom and wash my hands.

4 comments:

Rachel Oswald said...

Amen sista! That is seriously the worst. The nerve of people! We have had our fair share of random poop on our lawn. I feel like watching them through my blinds all day one time and zinging 'em. You go girl for posting your sign. I think it's all the better that they are all scared of you now :) You are one funny chica.

Kristen said...

Jason shoveled the driveway and found several piles under the snow..ON THE DRIVEWAY! Dog owners are amazing. Your post made me laugh.

Emily S. said...

I love that you posted the sign. I wish had the courage. We have discovered one corner of our yard - right next to the mailbox has become a potty station for some local dogs. Some BIG local dogs. Disgusting! My next door neighbor denies it but I think it has to be at least one of her THREE large dogs. Not to mention her dog run which produces a lovely smell that wafts through our yard during the summer. Ahhhh! Don't tell - but the dogs bug Wes so much he has taken the bee bee gun to them!

dave&abby johnson family said...

i think that was a brillant move, and i might just have to steal that idea from you. good for you my friend!