The Stream

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Green vs Not So Green

IMG_5447

Becket is just sick about having to wear green on St. Patrick's Day. I had to snap a picture. He was even to the brink of tears two days ago about the whole pinch thing and then he went on about how green is a dumb color! Crying, "Why do I have to wear green!?"

Gretchen on the other hand is ecstatic. Springy as a leprechaun she be! From the top of the stairs I hear, "Mom, I don't have green pants! Can you buy me some?" She is covered in green. Green IS her favorite color and has been for years, so obviously it rubs salt in Becket's open sores that there is a green day and on that day you must wear that dreaded green.

We did catch the leprechaun trying to escape so we taped him up in an old UPS parcel and poked holes for ventilation. Tiger uniform, all be it the norm around my house, became useful because it scared that leprechaun right into the box.

IMG_5420

To our awe, he got out and did all sorts of crazy mischief.

IMG_5436

I did not take an interview from dude studying the books. He thinks I'm crazy as fools gold, so I passed on his commentary.

IMG_5435

Happy Saint Patrick's Day, especially to the Irish!

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Baha! I love those little chicklets.

Rachel Oswald said...

You DO have a sneaky little leprechaun! You are so kind to provide him with air holes. I love your bar stools.