The Stream

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Something New

It's that time of year when I (Micki) crave M&M's at 10AM, make too much hot chocolate and loads of baked goods just because it snowed, listen to the annoying Christmas puppetry the kids play over and over, and bust out my hideous, yet cozy, furry socks, to keep my toes from turning to ice and to keep the bake good crumbs off my heels.

BUT, this year, we stumbled upon something different. New places make you explore!

It was the lighting ceremony at Woodburn Hall, a historic college building on the WVU campus. The air was crisp and perfect. Santa and his elves passed out candy canes to the kids. Micah had to be coaxed into staying for a picture, as all my children have at this age.

_TLA9890

Before the lighting we enjoyed carolers and dancing from the kids.

Woodburn Hall

Then we watched the big white button get pushed and then this happened:

_TLA9911

Just kidding--just some of Mat's experimental photography. This is more realistic of how it really looked:
Woodburn Hall lighting

Hot cocoa and cookies were served for free in the student lounge. Mat swears it was the best hot chocolate he had ever had and I was happy because it was free. I like my freebies, my kids will even tell you that.

I'm glad I drug my can downtown to witness this-- I didn't think a little lighting ceremony could be that perfect!

4 comments:

Kelli said...

How fun! Man, how do you know about EVERYTHING that goes on? I find out about the fun stuff by looking at your blog after it's already happened/.

Stoker Family said...

love hot chocolate. I got your Christmas card, it is a great photo of your cute family.

Abs said...

Yeah for old and new Christmas activities. I admit I was very excited to find a link for Christmas music. Harris Christmas collections are simply the best.

Shilo said...

I am with Kelli...how do you find out about all this stuff? Looks like it was so much fun!!