The Stream

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Coming out of the Funk!

It's Christmas and Christmas is busy. Too busy. I long for the days when we were sick and we just had to say "H1N1 perhaps?" and we could throw our responsibilities out the window. No callings, no grocery shopping, and no other obligations. I felt caught up on everything and I even found time for myself. I know, how selfish!

After the Christmas rush, I wanted to lock myself in my room and stare into the abyss. My motivation had been zapped. In fact, I sat on the couch for three hours the other night doing absolutely nothing. I have to do this routinely so I can stabilize my balance. You can call it my kind of detox from an overstimulating world. Just like I have to NOT shower for a few days, so that I can truly appreciate getting ready again and not stinking. So, off with the rebellion to my responsibilities and off with my bag lady appearance (as Mat calls it). I'm back, rejuvenated, and out of rehab.

5 comments:

Kelli said...

Ha! Buh-bye bag lady. I hope taking some time to really enjoy the season. And thanks a MILLION for the ride to the airport!! We are here enjoying the season with our family thanks to you!

Erin said...

HA! I'm totally in the funk this weekend. Haven't showered in a few days. Not wanting to leave the house. I'm burned out! It's so nice to have down time...especially this month. Love how you make H1N1 sound like a dream! :)

The Proverbs 31 Woman said...

Happy Holidays! I pray that your year was full of joy and success and that 2010 will bring favor and prosperity.

dave&abby johnson family said...

Ha! I found you!!! And I love the bag lady comment.....fantastic! You are too cute my friend and those are some darling pics of your kiddos!!!

Matt, Amy, Grant, Tyson, and Palmer said...

It was so fun to see you. Glad you are out of your funk :)!! Glad your family is healthy again. What a bugger of a fall. Can't wait to hang out in January after the holidays.