The Stream

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Before You Go

This is what Becket is wishing for this year for Christmas, can you guess? He's very particular and gets stuck on the exact image he saw on a commercial 6mths ago. Wish him luck, i.e. santa luck.

Becket wants a remote control car

It was a remote control car, if you didn't guess it.


Gretchen is a different story. We recently installed the newest and greatest motivational chart on our fridge--megaphone voice please... The Whine-O-Meter. When she whines it goes down, when she doesn't it goes up. It has done wonders for her great mind, the mind I always knew she had. It also helps that we threatened her that she would not have any fun over the Christmas holiday unless her meter went up.

IMG_4750

Birthday was good. Thanks for all of your wishes. Some friends of mine put on an Indian lunch for me and surprised me wearing their saris and gave me a beautiful sari of my very own. That was the highlight of my day (besides Mat's snowy messages, smooches to you too). Gretchen later puked red punch all over my couch and ended Mat and my chance at sushi that night. We went out the next night, I'm okay, your okay. Oh! And thanks for the birthday money mom. I always spend it three different ways. Mat says I can't do that, but every year I do. This year I spent it on our sushi birthday dinner, running shoes, new winter tights and an exercise ball. I think that was four different ways, but who's counting.

IMG_4745

Anyway, Merry Christmas!

Hopefully, you can get out and do something you enjoy
Mat, Becket, and Gretchen

Particularly something you REALLY enjoy
Micah licking the snow

As opposed to something you don't enjoy
Micah


Merry Christmas from the Harris family.



2 comments:

Jeanette said...

Enjoyed the post, Kenton pointed out that there was a bowel movement (BM) on your fridge, to much ER lingo in his vocab. Merry Christmas to the very dear Harris Family!

Caroline said...

Happy late birthday! I do feel for you that's it so close to Christmas, it seems like there is no was to make it normal. But Happy Happy Birthday!!

And I love the whine-o-meter. I'm totally making one.