The Stream

Sunday, July 5, 2009

We Pulled Out Our Tent Stakes!

Moving cannot be sugar-coated, it's just stinky and there is no way around it. "Once a turd, always a turd" is the long running saying in our house. I haven't met anyone who has exclaimed "Yes! I LUV to move." All stinkiness aside, we did have a smoothe move due to strong manly men and their wives for letting them help us. Thanks a million. It made it easy on all of us, especially my shortness with the kids.

Kids entertaining themselves with boxes--that only lasted so long until I had to switch it up.

IMG_3177

IMG_3175

Becket was so bored that he decided to make himself an imaginary friend. His name was Owert and he kept smashing and stinging our toes when he was knocked down. He also made huge clunking, crashing sounds every time he hit the wood floor.
IMG_3326

My other idea was to let them draw in shaving cream. It's a nice calm activity that should always be supervised! As you can see, I was a little distracted and I paid every bit for it. They did have fun and smelled like shower rain for a few hours after the clean up.

IMG_3333

IMG_3329

I finally just stuck them on top of the filing cabinet, figuring they couldn't unpack, destroy or make a mess of anything from that great height. I quite liked this idea and would recommend it to anyone moving.
IMG_3335

We hit the road early Wednesday morning. Thank you Cutlers for letting us crash at your pad. The trip was leg numbing, but we made it in 8 1/2 hours. We also found manly men waiting here in WV to help us unload the truck, which again limited my shortness with the kids.

IMG_3349

Mat and I (and our anal selves) stayed up until 2AM unpacking and finished the following day by 5PM. I'm glad to be married to a guy who likes to get stuff done in a fanatical sort of way.

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

What if you don't have a filing cabinet? Any other helpful hints? I still keep putting this moving thing off and will be pulling several of the 2am ers in a few weeks. Sky already headed down and left us behind. Glad you made it through the move and onto the next chapter in West Virgina

Shannon Stoker said...

Phew! Glad you made it! And the packing, moving, unpacking....BLECH! I'm sure you are glad it's all over....good luck with you next phase. We miss you already.

Wendy P said...

Congratulations of completing another move. It is never easy. I hope you like your new home in WV. We are finally a little more settled in Hershey, but due to my bed rest a lot of work will just have to wait until after the babay! I am not anal, but it still drives me crazy!

Melanie said...

We will miss you very much, but are glad we had the chance to get to know you over the past few years. I hope you love it ins WV!