The Stream

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

FHE Harris Style

Family is sitting down at the table for dinner.
Mic: "What should we do for family home evening?"
Gretchen: "Be quiet?"
Becket: "We could talk about Joesph Smith, he was a good church man."
Mic: "Let's eat our vegetables and then you can have a cookie and then we'll have family home evening."
Gretchen in her dramatic tone: "I caaan't. MICAH GET AWAY BLAH BLAH BLAH AWK AWK (yes, that would be literal)!"
Mic: "Apologize to your sister, we don''t talk to each other like that."
Gretchen refused.
Mat: "Upstairs Gretchen and get on your jammies, you're going to bed."
Becket: "I ate my mushy carrots, now I can have a cookie?"
20minutes later upstairs in the girls room.
Family Home Evening Lesson topic: Healthy Foods for our Bodies
Kiss good night and the kids are in bed.
20 minutes later downstairs
Gretchen in her dramatic tone with her hand patting her chest/throat: "Mom, I'm so very hungry."
Mic: "You can eat your green beans?"
Gretchen heads back upstairs.

6 comments:

Jessica said...

That is hillarious! Our FHE's with a 3 yr. old seem to go like that too. Except yesterday we had a willing participant.

Jeanette said...

I love that Gretchen of yours! She makes me laugh.

Dave and Mel said...

Hey- this is all TOO familiar!! we missed you at the hershey reunion and will have to do another one when you get back our there? when are you going back again? I have too much to ask..I'll call you!

Emily S. said...

LOL sounds familiar

Erin said...

Now THAT was a good read!

Abs said...

At least you attempted FHE. I think you get points for that.