The Stream

Monday, July 27, 2009

Micki Ponders Housework


I'm curious, is house work done all in one particular day for most, a little day by day or is it just over rated and shouldn't be done until you see the dirt?

Maybe I'm the only one who thinks of this as I'm vacuuming?

I usually do it all in one day, early on in the week so I can enjoy it. I think I also start off anal and goal oriented the first part of the week and then I relax by the weekend because I'm so tired from being anal and goal oriented from the beginning of the week. I usually have to do housework again to get my thoughts in order. It's an on-going, wicked conundrum.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Ditto to everything you just said! I hit it hard early on (Mondays)...more relaxed by the weekend, but unable to really function and enjoy anything in chaos (I get really grouchy on Sunday nights because the place is once again trashed). Luckily I have a cleaning lady come every other week for the deep cleaning, but it's amazing how much I still clean. It takes me a full day to just get ready for my cleaners! (I will say however, that when Matt becomes a rich and famous doctor you'll have to try it...I'd give up cable TV and eat nothing but Ramen Noodles to keep my cleaners!)

I had to LAUGH at your Rex comment! I was so NOT touching his butt! (although a little flirting never hurt...JUST KIDDING) :)

As far as DC hangouts...we really just stuck to the basic tourist sights (Roosevelt Memorial is my fav) and restaraunts...we were too poor when we lived there to eat out! There isn't much to eat in the "mall" area so eat before you hit the sights!