The Stream

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Old Fashioned Summer Fun

We had a stake (church) picnic and wave pool party. Do you remember wave pools? I thought they were nonexistent. This one happened to be freezing, but the kids seemed to be numb to anything painful.
Shivering in the wave pool
The kids made old fashioned bubbles out of various things. The popular one was a chicken rack used for smoking whole chickens over a fire. Who knew?

Micah making bubbles

Kids did a lot of monkeying around--you think they would have been asleep by the time we got home, but they weren't.
Spread out

Gretchen had a timeout for something--sad that I can't remember, but Micah decided to join her and I thought it was a cute sister picture.

Timeout

2 comments:

Erin said...

That is a WAY cute sister picture. Sorry I can't help you with the flour string - I rarely use flour. :)

Oh...about the blog pictures (four together) I just make a collage in Photoshop or Picassa (do you use Picassa?...you can sign up for free and it will download all of your pictures and then you can make collages and stuff really easy) and then I save the collage as a picture (a jpeg) and just upload it to blogger like you normally would. Hope that is somewhat helpful!

Melanie said...

I love the last picture. It is really beautiful.