The Stream

Monday, September 15, 2008

Wish ya shoulda woulda coulda

You know how you have those thoughts that scream at you to do something differently, but you choose to snub it and carry on in your own ways?
Well, my mega-phone thought was this:
"Don't put that bottle of Soft Scrub now with bleach into the recycling bag where it is in reach of curious toe-headed Micah!"
What actually happened:
I, in my rebellious way like to buck the system. Sooooo, thinking I can get it all put away before she even notices. I decide to take 10 minutes to finish cleaning the floor.
Moral to the story:
Listen to those darn thoughts as to avoid shoving handfuls of water into your baby's mouth drenching her shirt that is now starting to show signs of little bleach spots. Not to mention that I can't put her down for a nap fearing that she we drift away into an endless sleep.

Lame!

1 comment:

Maren & Danny said...

I hate that! The usual for me is when it is quiet-a little too quiet & I take my time going to find out what the kids are up to. That is never a pleasant surprise!