The Stream

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Rhino. See Rhino. See Rhino Run.

Meet Rhino. Rhino likes to go for rides on the mountain top. Rhino is happy. Rhino's family is happy.
Meet Jane and Sally. Jane and Sally are eating afternoon chocolate cake. Jane and Sally like chatting about current events and discussing the weather. Jane and Sally are delighted to go on a scenic ride through the extraordinary mountains. Jane and Sally are giddy.Sally spots cattle. "Hello, bovine!," she exclaims. Sally likes cattle.

Jane takes notice to the landscape. "Isn't it marvelous!" she cries out. Sally agrees.
Jane gets the offer to drive. Jane finds it pleasing. Richard and Joe also find it suitable.UNTIL.........
IT STARTS HAILING QUARTER SIZE FLESH EATING PELLETS, CREATING RED BLOTCHES ALL OVER JANE AND SALLY'S DELICATE PALE SKIN. THIS FIERCE STORM BEATS UPON THEIR DOWNTRODDEN SOULS, SOAKING JANE AND SALLY TO THE ABSOLUTE CUTTING BONE! THERE IS NO ESCAPING THE BEAST EXCEPT TO PLOW THROUGH ITS WICKEDNESS, HEAD DOWN AS NOT TO LOOK IT IN THE EYE.

JANE AND SALLY ARE NO LONGER GIDDY (well kinda).


Jane and Sally return to the valley to seek comfort from their Grandma's robes. Jane and Sally are once again giddy and eating afternoon chocolate cake.


7 comments:

Rachel Oswald said...

Jane and Sally are so cute and funny! Rhino looks swell as well!

Unknown said...

how fun are you??? I just got all caught up on your blog- I've been absent from blogging lately- and it looks like you are still having a blast out there- rhinos and all! I love the conversation in the car- your kids are hilarious- I wish we didn't live so FAR away!! come to NY soon!

Dannielle said...

This is Jane.
I've spotted more bovine;
they simply are divine!
My abs are looking fine
thanks to laughter that nearly split my spine!
Sally, thanks for documenting the memory (and for not including the blackmail photo)!
I will miss you, but only for a moment. More good times at Quat Valley are in our future!

Alicia H said...

Funny girl! Love readin' the blog-shplog. When do you leave? love to see you again and do something fun.

Erin said...

Have you ever thought about writing your own books? I would buy them all. Sorry I missed you in Santa Clara...we were just there for a week and it was so busy! My head is still spinning. I thought of you when I was in Parowan. :) Wish we could have hooked up...next time???

Emily S. said...

Are you still here? I can't place this...cool ride though.

Jessica said...

My fam has a rhino. Love it!