The Stream

Sunday, November 30, 2014

Pride and Prejudice

I thought I would venture out to the theater and give my kids a cultural experience by attending a high school play to watch their cousin Josh.  He was Mr. Bingley in Pride and Prejudice.

Beforehand, I showed the kid's the 2005 version of Pride and Prejudice on Netflix.  I had to pause it every 10mins or so to explain what was going on.  It's a hard story for kids to understand, but they eventually got that status and who you marry was all the rage back then.



Becket entertained himself nicely during the lovey parts by drawing on the programs.

Untitled

On the way home, the kids were making their own adaptations to a new Pride and Prejudice.  It involved 1900s British Goth (Mary Bennett) and they have rainbow unicorns instead of horses.



No comments: