The Stream

Saturday, November 15, 2014

Bathroom remodel redo

Our main floor bathroom has been out of sorts ever since the wood got wet from the water dripping down the side of the bowl. It ended up splitting the wood.  One day we're washing our hands, the next day, water is washing our feet.

Untitled

After weeks of trying to get my countertop people back (like weeks before we left to Montenegro weeks) we finally had them here delivering a salt and pepper type granite.  After they checked to make sure things lined up with the glass bowl, they said it all looked good and they left.  Well, when we went to put in the pipe to connect to the bowl, the pipe wouldn't fit.  It was too big.  Swear words.  I barely got my guys here and now I was going to have to perform a small miracle to get them back. After coaxing them, but trying not to be woman naggy for two days, they reappeared.  When I walked out and saw them standing in my driveway, he said, "You look like you've seen a ghost!"  I replied, "It's because I'm so delighted to see you."  See, miracles do happen. A dream is a wish your heart makes....queue birds.  He had it drilled out in no time and we are now having to retrain ourselves to wash our hands in the bathroom, instead of the laundry room or kitchen sink.

I also had to get a new rug.  The old one was "OUT!" and this one is "IN" (from the series of unfortunate events--Aunt Josephine)

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

I thought while we were waiting for our granite guys to reappear, I would grab Becket and we'd start breaking in the chalkboard.  Becket was reluctant, because you're told from the age of 2 not to write on the walls.  He was so happy to have a blank canvas.

Untitled

Pretty soon the girls had to join the fun.


Untitled

One too many artists in the bathroom.

No comments: