The Stream

Friday, February 21, 2014

Doin' our Homework



It is important when remodeling a house that you take as many trips as possible to gather the information needed to make your house successful. Right?  So, I booked a plane ticket to LA so we could go see some furniture we've had our eye on for a while and test it out.  Part of it was Mat's birthday too--just justifying it more. I owe a big shout out thank you to my Mom and Dannielle for taking my kids.




 I have to say, it was nice to actually try out the furniture before you bought it.  The couch we were looking out was way too stiff. I feel like a couch is right up there with trying on jeans.  You have to try out a lot before you find the right fit.  We also were able to pin down some barstools.  I can not show pictures of our barstools at this time because I also liken them to baby names.  You tell people your baby's name and they will shoot it down before they even meet him. So the barstools may be a little "whoa!" for some people, but it screams my kitchen. Pictures to come, after you met them and the whole kitchen.

Furniture MANY rows in Beverly Hills.







We also had the chance to have lunch with Cousin Lee and his family--Alix and baby Adam



Wow! Must have caught Lee in mid sentence.  Serious ptosis going on.



1 comment:

Kelli said...

Wowza, a trip to LA for furniture. I'm so excited to see what you pick. I love your guys' style. I love that's it's all yours and that it is fun and unique. I look forward to your bar stools. I didn't even know they made bar stools that could make you say Whoa!