The Stream

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Mat had completed our newest work of art : the Rhino



We'd been thinking about this for a while, but we weren't sure how to do it.  Of course, he figured out that by using a sheet of foam and a hot foam cutter, you could sculpt anything.  This is our completed project:

Rhino


Gretchen came up with the name Hamburger, Ham for short and it stuck. The inspiration? It's our own unique version of Restoration Hardware's:



ALSO, while I was gone to Vegas

He did the girl's hair for church:


He took the kids sledding






All this while juggling being on call and cleaning my flat from top to bottom (learning from the past he knowing what a foul mood it throws me in--) Thanks dearest. I'll get planning the next girl's trip right away.

5 comments:

McArthur Family said...

Love the rhino, love that Matt takes the initiative to clean the house for you, and love that you take time to do fun things like a girls weekend.

shelob said...

Yay that you finally have some snow for sledding! And the rhino turned out AWESOME!! I kinda want one now.

Amber said...

Like I said you guys are amazing! That Rhino's way better than restoration hardware's version. So fun to see you twice this week!

Emily S. said...

Pretty amazing! You are bunch of artists you know!

jweed said...

can i commission a piece like unto the rhino for our next home? i really mean it. my husband always outshines me when i'm not at home. how do they do it?@!!!