The Stream

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Bad Dream

I woke up eyes openly startled today.  I had a dream that the Germans were taking over and we had to hide in a basement with our extended family.  We needed provisions so I decided to steal a German vehicle and grab food, blankets and a knife from the nearby camp.  I hid the knife in the down comforter in case I got caught and fumbled my keys into the ignition. Just as I was about to reverse, I felt the soldier's hand grab mine.  Then I woke up.

It's probably what led to this subconscious act when I packed the kids lunches today. 

photo

Just in case it might be the last time I see them before I go to detention camp.


As I was telling Mat--because I rarely remember my dreams, Micah offered to put her dream catcher in my room. Very nice of you Mike!

3 comments:

Rachel Oswald said...

Oh don't you hate those super scary lifelike dreams? They can spook me out for the rest of the day. You are so cute to pack little love notes in their lunches - good mom!

McArthur Family said...

I hate dreams like that.

P.S. I was thinking of you the other day while teaching preschool and my 2 year acts like he's their age and can do everything they are doing...was that how Micah was?

shelob said...

I've got a German car . . . hey, were you subliminally dreaming that you needed to steal my Beetle?