The Stream

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Thanks

Thanksgiving was.... was... LOVED. It was fun to embrace the family after being gone so long. We didn't stop moving on our holiday weekend either. We had so many fun activities to attend that I had hard time choosing which ones to go to if they happened to collide. And, I saved my favorite picture that sums it all up for the end.

Here are a few of the activities we got to partake in:
Turkey Trotting, Dodgeball, Football, Volleyball, Kickball, and climbing.

IMG_2308.jpg

Volleyball

Check out the mascots and the fan line up!

Kickball

We couldn't get enough of climbing, Mat especially. He's a maniac and I feel bad I didn't get his picture climbing this 5.11b. I happened to be belaying him.

Climbing

Climbing

Oh! I forgot trampolining. That was our pre Thanksgiving warm up.

IMG_2316.jpg

And my favorite picture of all pictures. The most reflective moment I had was when I stepped outside to pull something from the car and I paused to look through the window at Dannielle's house. It was one of the While You Were Sleeping Moments, where Lucy is sitting with Peter's family around the Christmas tree watching them open their presents. She becomes so absorbed in the joy and the warmth swarming her, that she forgets to open her present. That was that exact moment for me. I couldn't help but beam with pure untouched gladness. Just look at them all laughing, talking and bustling together. I must have stood there for 5 minutes just taking it all in.  I love these people. I love that they have taken me in as one of their own. It will be a Thanksgiving to remember.

IMG_1348.jpg

1 comment:

shelob said...

My rock climbing picture almost looked this cool . . .