The Stream

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Happenings Around A Southern Town

It's Fall Break/UEA/Deer Hunt Once Removed, whatever you want to call it? So, we headed to St. George for the weekend. I'm here to report the strange happenings that went down in St. George.

1) Becket gets upset at Gretchen for not making him a birthday card for his upcoming birthday on November 4th. Gretchen knowing how bad her brother wants her to make him a birthday card takes advantage of the situation and makes him suffer until he bleeds from his wounded ego. Becket finally gives her a list of ideas that she could draw or write about in his card.

photo

photo

The card still hasn't been made :)

2) Little Micah: "I thwink my mouf has an owie awn it. I betta put a band-aid awn it."
Mic: (smiles with a little guilt): "OK!"

photo

3) I TRIED REALLY HARD TO CUT THIS BREAD STRAIGHT! JUST LOOK AT IT? I'M NEVER CUTTING BREAD AGAIN!

photo

4) I had to laugh at what my mom was storing in her filing cabinet at school. No, it's not the worksheets and supplemental help for her students. It's the snacks and caffeine to supplement the teachers to get through the work day. Here! Here! Ma!

photo

5) Mat attempts to set a new personal climb on his family's property north of St. George. After several tries, he realizes that the climbs are too unapproachable and too hard of rock to put anchors in.

photo

photo

He still got in some rock climbing Monday with his sibs. I sadly had to return to the great north to attend other commitments. He's headed back tonight after staying down south to operate on some patients. I'm excited to have him back. The girl's keep climbing into bed with me at night. I welcome the company when Mat's gone, but it does leave me dazed and groggy in the morning after enduring midnight kicks to my kidneys. And, the kids haven't been to bed before 9PM:)

No comments: