The Stream

Thursday, June 9, 2011

My Lands! Test Day is Here!

Sigh. Test day is here. I was happy to send him off although, I felt bad that he is having to take these brain burning things every year. I know there is no way in Texas that I could take these 5hr tests, let alone have the focus to study for them. I'm the worst test taker. Thee worst.

So, while he was at his test the rest of us played. We walked the harbor, went to the museum, and tried to go to Boston's well known Mike's Bakery, but the line was atrocious, so we just smile and snapped a picture.

photo

Mat called saying he was finished with his test. He said the orals were interesting seeing how the test givers are not allowed to comment or engage, they just merely show a picture to you and have you tell them about it. He said that he had hoped he got the diagnoses right from the get go, otherwise he was on the wrong track explaining an entirely different treatment for the disease. We'll know in 6-8wks. We went to Alston (a suburb in Boston) for a Jewish dinner at Zaftigs. We could walk to it from Brian's house which was pleasant with all the trees and shops. I haven't really explored Jewish cuisine, but I'm starting to find that I need to do more experimenting. Check out Cassandra's Challah bread grilled cheese and the knishes served with applesauce and sour cream.

photo

1 comment:

Abs said...

Yay for being done with tests!! It seems like endless studying. Justin has one in July and then his oral boards are in SLC in September so at least we get to see family. Plus they aren't cheep tests. Glad to hear Mat is done. I'm sure he did awesome!!!