The Stream

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Have You Tried This!?

Mat and I rented some cross country skies over the weekend. BINGO! Has anyone done this? Well, you should.

Skiing at Cooper's

Of course, it is my new favorite leisure activity! Although, leisure doesn't seem like the right word, let's say full body gliding workout.

It was very spontaneous, like 15min until the rental office closed spontaneous. This genius idea was sparked by this couple, Matt with two t's and Julie sometimes known as Jiggy.

Cross country skiing with the Weeds

Isn't it true that you have the most fun when things are planned last minute?

Maybe it was the stillness of the flocked trees

Maybe it was the quiet time I had to absorb thoughts in my head without being interrupted

Maybe it was Matt W's lovely snow coveralls from the 80's.

Whatever it was, it was lovely and I'm craving to do it again soon.


At Cooper's overlook

6 comments:

McArthur Family said...

That's awesome!!! Doug loves Cross Country skiing; I've never tried it. But I can totally picture you guys having a blast doing it.

Kelli said...

Cross country skiing is a ton of fun! I haven't been since college. Too bad I'm large with child right now. Looks like you guys had a great time!

Jeanette said...

How fun! I too haven't been since college but loved the great workout. I glad you had a great time.

Caroline said...

It's my favorite thing in the world:) I'm glad you enjoyed it. I need to do some of these fun things to make my January less blue and cold.

jweed said...

i want to go again, too. and what a duo mat (russian asassin) and matt (80's snowbunny) make! please send on those pics if you can and i'll send the ones from christmas.

Shannon Stoker said...

Oh, Mic! I grew up cross country skiing. It's the best! Looks like a lot of fun....do you snowshoe too? We also love that.