The Stream

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

'Member this dark period in my life?

IMG_5034

This period in my life was very treacherous and dark. It lasted for three grueling months. Now that he has taken his test, we were in what I like to call the "honeymoon period." Everything is happy until the day you get THE TEST SCORES in the mail, then the anxiety all comes flashing back to you.

Doo, doo, doo (I always sing that on my way to the mailbox), I noticed Mat's board scores in the mail yesterday so I shot off a text to him telling him that they were here.
Mat text: "Oh crap!"
Mic Text: "When are you coming home?"
Mat text: "I have some presentations to finish up."
Mic Text: "Do you want me to open it? " (Translation for: I want to open them NOW!)
Mat Text: "I'll wait until I get home. If they are bad, I won't be able to concentrate on getting this done."


In these situations where I'm waiting for the news, I do my USUALS. I'm obviously hoping for something that has clearly already been decided, but I know my faith and sudden dedication will all of a sudden change the outcome, so I continued to pray and I read my scriptures.

Oh crap nothing, he PASSED! We don't have to pay another $1600 dollars more to take it again nor do we have to go through another three month rigorous study schedule. He'll take his orals in the spring which unfortunately are just as much, but a lot easier to pass and less study time required. And, guess what brother Brian, they are in Cambridge, MA!

11 comments:

Kelli said...

Yay!!! That's wonderful news. Way to go, Mat!

Becky and Jimmy said...

Congratulations! What great news! You guys are awesome!

Melanie said...

I am so glad. I was almost 100% sure he would because of how much time he spent preparing and because he is so smart, but you took forever to say that he passed, and I was getting very tense reading your post.

Lizzy said...

Congratulations!! What a huge relief! You can pretty much move on with your life now :)

McArthur Family said...

What glorious news!!! Way to go Matt!

Jeanette said...

Congrats! I am happy for you and your honeymoon stage, those are always fun. Kenton just took his orals, and I was getting stressed because it did not seem he was stressed or concerned at all. Life was much better, no long three month prep time. I will be thinking of you when I get the so called letter in the mail, I don't think I could wait. You are a good wife.

The Singer Family said...

whoop whoop!!! I call that awesome and worth the cruddy three months (especially now that they are done and gone). I liked the part about Cambridge--mainly since our house is directly on the route between you and Cambridge. Maybe we could convince you to do a pit stop in our neck of the woods--we could lure the kids out of the van and they could swing on our rope swing. :)

dave&abby johnson family said...

fantastic news my friend!!! congrats to you all, that is awesome!

Holly said...

Congrats to Mat! And congrats to you for not ripping them open the second you saw it in the mail like I would have done.

Taylor Family said...

Mic - You need to post this on the family blog!!! So happy for you guys!! Congrats!

Shannon Stoker said...

HOORAY!!! So happy for you guys, of course!