The Stream

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Dear Abby


Dear Abby-
Since when do kids start making demands on the tooth fairy? The other night my husband pulled my kid's tooth out and then we proceeded with the normal tooth routine. We squealed, told him "Good job," "How does it feel?" "Way to be tough!" and then we got a plastic baggie and placed the tooth under his pillow. Well, after he had fallen asleep, we went to place our coins under his pillow, to our surprise, we found this letter:

Dear Tooth fairy,
Please give me a present.
Love,
Becket

Tooth Fairy bubble says "He has a name."

Then there is the letter Z coming from his head to assume that he is sleeping.


? Que'? Demanding presents from the Tooth Fairy? Is that crossing the line? Abby, how would you teach this wayward child how to show good manners?

Signed,
Mrs. Harris

(I may have given into his request by placing a small kite under his pillow. I had it stuffed under my bed for a special occasion and he is a nice boy and thought he deserved it.)

I also thought I would share a letter from his sister:





She left this for him in his room the other night. I liked the way Gretchen is signing everything with "G" and now, "B" for Becket. I guess having eight letters in a name creates a writer's cramp when you have to do it once every two days. I should have considered that one when we gave her a name.

1 comment:

McArthur Family said...

But how sweet that he wrote the tooth fairy a note! He didn't just assume he'd get something without asking.