The Stream

Friday, January 8, 2010

Wouldcha Snow?

IMG_4790

Turns out I still have pavement--I thought it had disappeared forever and I had to grab a snow shovel just to reassure my eyes.

IMG_4819

We also found out a lot of other things:

Becket really loves sledding. He'll go again and again.

IMG_4809

But he forgets to tell his sister that he is coming down the hill and plows into her head.

IMG_4792

I also learned that Micah and snow don't mix. After taking five minutes to bundle her up, she lasts a whole 5 minutes to be done with it. Her version "Mom, I so, so, tired." I plopped her on the rocker to get in a few more minutes of shoveling and she wasn't too thrilled.

IMG_4812

Gretchen decided to make a car out of my shoveled snow. I thought it was rather creative of her.

Then Becket required his own car because Gretchen wouldn't allow 6 year olds in hers.

IMG_4814

Then we decided to decorate with our summer toys. I hope you can make out my childrens' version of a car with trunk, muffler and wheels included.
IMG_4831

IMG_4832

IMG_4835

In the end (if there is an end), the snow actually feels like one big sand box, without the mess of sand. When you're warm enough it is tolerable. The whole bundling thing takes forever, but it's tolerable.

As for Gretchen's snow eating habits, she's still eating it, dirty or not. She's also discovered eating icicles, dirty or not. She loves Old Man Winter.

IMG_4826

She'll even goes out into the snow in her church dress.

IMG_4839

3 comments:

Kelli said...

How fun! I sure love your family!!

Erin said...

Your kids are so creative. I love it! I also love that you're putting San Diego on the list! YEA! You won't regret it. Sunny weather and a MAJOR plastic surgery market. In fact, I'll be Mat's first customer. Then our "too much fun-ness" will really begin! :) :) :)

Angie Cazier said...

Mic, I have to say..That looks freezing!!! I can't believe you live where there is that much snow, crazy girl. I think I would be with Micah.