The Stream

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

To Do List

Paper Mache (check)
I remembered doing this in 5th grade and I have always wanted to do this with my kids. We got a little carried away. I originally just wanted to do masks, but then the kids mentioned the solar system and I thought, why not? It's a three day messy process anyway--so might as well go all out.
IMG_2775
IMG_2776
Sun, Mars, Moon, Earth
IMG_2850
Cheetah, Zebra, Mountain Lion
IMG_2849

Build and Paint Bird Houses (check)
I didn't say paint yourself, but Papa Smurf always does things her own way.
IMG_2785
Yup, I think that is the lid to the paint that she's painting there. Just noticed that one--she too also does what she wants.
IMG_2780
I filled these darling things up with bird seed to the top. Mat brought it to my attention that they were bird houses and that birds are supposed to have room to live in them. Right! Birdseed was later transferred to the bird feeders and the bird houses are empty (double check).
IMG_2779


100 Days of Reading + Party to Chuck E. Cheese = Bribery (check). If the kids read 100 days, they could go to Chuck E. Cheese for their party.

Gretchen's umpteenth time printing out a picture of her and the Mister
IMG_2831
Do you ever wonder what he's really thinking behind that mask? I'm thinking he could use some new cargo shorts.
IMG_2835
Micah's umpteenth picture of her eating and yes, that would be a pepperoni stuck to her chest hair.
IMG_2827

4 comments:

Shannon Stoker said...

"That would be a pepperoni stuck to her chest hair." Your posts always make me laugh.

Joellen said...

You are the coolest Mom ever. Can my kids come over and join in? I heard Dannielle is coming to visit in a few and I really think that I should come to the lake house too! This is Jody Hanks by the way...yes my real name is Joellen and yes my parents were on crack when they named me.

Emily S. said...

Very crafty and clever and creative!

Dimond Blogger said...

We are actually heading to Chucky Cheese tomorrow too with my sister and her kids. I loved the bird houses, you always seem to be doing creative and fun things.