The Stream

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Fools is Gold

Ahhh! April 1st is like drinking freshly squeezed lemonade on a hot summer's day or being rowed by a gondola boy down a calm river that is bug free or droplets of rain on my petunias....it is the day I can get revenge on my children or plan eviiill pranks that make me twist my long mustache. Here's the scoop on my successful day of hoaxie hoo ha ha has

*Pulled the ol' switcheroo--Micah woke up before Gretchen, so I took her out of the crib and carefully placed sleeping Gretchen in it. Gretchen woke up utterly confused and a bit lackadaisical.

*Attached a string to a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup and drug it around the house for a while. Micah surprisingly didn't fall for it because she was wondering where I, her mother was, but the other kids absolutely fell for it. They squealed with laughter and then heavily demanded that they should eat the candy for their breakfast.

*I covered cotton balls in chocolate and took them to Mat's work. Mat says the techies are pigs when it comes to free treats and they are usually scarfed before any of the residents get them. Well, to their surprise today, they will think twice about taking my chocolate covered little melt aways. I was hoping to get more of the sophisticated attendings, but they obviously, like the residents were busy (next year).

*I posted that I was pregnant on my family's website (or maybe I am REALLY pregnant?)

* My last trick in the bag has not come full circle yet, but let's just say I posted a certain classified ad on a certain website that may or may not have worked out for the seller or the buyer. I'll keep you updated.

3 more hours left of relishing my day, tomorrow will seem so ordinary.

Oh!Becket did decide to hide the drinking whale that attaches to our faucet for his own April Fools joke, which Mat found only two seconds later, but my Daniel Son is coming along and will soon reach his greatest potential. I can feel it! Any good ones out there for next year?

7 comments:

Erin said...

Well you get the gold ribbon! I did absolutely nothing...how boring am I? Next year I'll try a few of your clever tricks. The chocolate on a string sounds too fun!

Dannielle said...

Darrin was the hoax-meister this year. He super glued two quarters to the front porch. Every kid in the neighborhood tried to pick them up yesterday. He put a length of toilet paper in the toilet that said in sharpie, "The Joke's on Poo." O.K., a little crude and Sponge-Bobish but my kids love toilet humor. Blue food coloring in the milk, cinnamon bears in the toes of shoes, changed my cell phone to Spanish (I couldn't change it back all day), rocks in backpacks; that Darrin, he's quite the prankster.

Emily S. said...

You are such a fun mom! Pretty hilarious.

sunnie said...

You are one of those fun moms that I wish I could be.

Abs said...

I just tried to say things to trick my niece all day. I laughed out loud at your Gretchen switch-a-roo. That is hilarious! You inspire me to try harder next year.

P.S. Thanks for the good picture taking tips a few posts ago.

Shannon Stoker said...

I'm a little (lot) late in posting this, but my fav joke I've heard is 1)buy a pint of cookies n' cream ice cream 2)wash the ice cream down the sink (or eat it) 3)refill the container with oreos crushed in crisco and freeze.

Dave and Mel said...

so are u pregnant or not??