The Stream

Saturday, January 17, 2009

I Heart

I heart
1. When English accented people say words like extraordinaire, bother, have they gone MAD?
2. The fake rock thingies that cover up the electricity boxes in your yards. In the past, they were green metal boxes that stood with a fist out in your front yard. Now they are these dense, one-toned plastic rocks that shine on all the new corners of my development. I find them unusually unnatural looking, but better then the hulk of the past. Funny.
3. The way librarians are so particular in their process when they check people out. You seem to get in trouble for either doing too little or doing too much. It doesn't help that she's Italian snappy too, but I inner chuckle nonetheless.
4.Knowing that if Becket wants something like a toy, or a bow on a present, he'll draw it out and it will be just like having the real thing himself.
5. The way Micah has learned how to fold clothes. Wad, toss, smile at me, wad, toss, smile at me, repeat.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Folding clothes with little ones is the best, isn't it! I love it when English speaking people talk about going on "holiday." Quite fascinating.

Caroline said...

So true about librarians. They are very particular and unpredictable.