The Stream

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Dippin' Nots!

We went to a Huricun' Hockey Game. "Go Canes!" It was delightful to watch how confused our kids were on what they were supposed to be watching. Of course, they paid more attention to the jumbo tron than the game. I was a tad disappointed in the few fights that were picked. I was only able to shout "FIGHT, FIGHT! from the stands twice. So, despite my lack of entertainment, I decided to look elsewhere. I took to the stands to observe the fans around me.

Did you know that one glass of beer costs $10 bucks? Who would? That's $40 sitting in that row and I'm only four people deep, mind you. I wonder if that money could help pay for unemployment?

Lots of expensive beer


What I found even more chilling were how many people were brain freezing on Dippin' Dots. You know, the ice cream that changed the way the world enjoys ice cream. The process of cryogenic encapsulation...a scientific way of saying super-cold freezing methods to make little beads of ice cream. Curious, how many are Dippin' Dot fans?

More random hockey game pics

Boyfriend and Girlfriend agreed that I could take their picture right after she fixed her hair to pose. "Say Dippin' Dots" Click. Cute! (sorta)

Some kids at the hockey game

Interesting hat lady

Interesting hat

Overall, hockey game was cool, kids were puckered out by the time we got home and it was time to glide into bed (no puns intended).

No comments: