The Stream

Thursday, October 9, 2008

WHEW!

We made it! 24hrs of driving with three kids and a few stops in between. My vagabond days have come to a close and I can honestly say I will miss my summer of '08. Every place I traveled I found myself not wanting to leave...Minneapolis, St. George, Salt Lake, St. George, Minneapolis, Columbus, Hershey...and now, well I'm home. I got to see so many new things, got to visit with family and friends (not rushed) and we were taken such good care of---it was safe and warm, like you were a child.
It's a different feeling of being home this time. One feeling I'm not sure how to take. Yes, I am glad to be back in my house, our own beds and familiar places to put things. I missed my friends dearly and have loved our reunions. I guess, my home still feels kind of empty when all of your family isn't home yet, i.e. my husband. It's not complete and in a way it's not something I would say I was looking forward to, returning home. Unpacking a house, yard work, errands, callings, digging up stored strength somewhere deep within your innards, is something I have had to mentally and physically gear up for, alone. I have often reflected on those service men and women who have taken years to return and be reunited with their families , so I'm trying not to dwell on it too much and I am happy it is only for a month. It will just be safe and warm when he returns.

3 comments:

Angie Cazier said...

I'm glad you're home sweet home. I feel for you though, not having your hubbie with you. sorry about that. hopefully time will fly fast for you. when does he come home??

Shannon Stoker said...

Well, we, being the selfish people that we are, are VERY glad you are back!!! Welcome Home! (OK, so I guess we're a little sorry Matt isn't there yet. Hope the month goes by fast!)

Emily S. said...

Glad to hear you are back safe and sound. You summer sounds like it was so much fun!