The Stream

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Thomas Judd Store



If you are ever in St. George, you need to stop into this old fashioned candy store, nicknamed, Judds (I have a thing for old candy). I remember cutting across the street to go to it in 6th grade. You could stop in for a crappy lunch of nachos, breadstick, soup, ice cream and of course, candy. Good thing girls and boys alternated every other day for lunch at Judd's otherwise we would all have severe nutritional issues. Anyway, it was a good time, especially because I could meet up with old friends, Becky, Angie, and Alysia. We should have put our hair into side ponytails, worn double-colored socks, and carried a few tote trays. Good to see you guys.

8 comments:

Angie Cazier said...

it was great seeing yoiu and your darlin kids today. you look as beautiful as ever. call me for that yogert date

Erin said...

Ahhhh...good ol' St. George! Now I'm craving a breadstick! I loved your last post. I feel the same way every time I go back there! It's so the same yet so weird and different and I always wonder if it has changed or if just I have...or if nothing has changed at all (if that makes sense!). Kenny and I try to picture ourselves living there and we can't. Not that we won't someday...it's just hard to picture now! Hope you have a great vacation! How long are you there???
p.s. Check out the new splash pad on your way to Ivins (by the new Lava Ridge School). Fun for the kiddos!

Jenny Garlock said...

I love that store! I'm so jealous that you are in St. George...and dinner with the girls! I can't make it, but tell everyone I love and miss them!

Dave and Mel said...

How have I never been to this place? Candy, candy, candy- I used to live for the stuff!

Kallas Family said...

I have something so funny to tell you... that store is my best friend Tiffany's relative's store!! I was dying when I saw that picture!!

Tiff said...

Hi I'm Tiffany I had to say Hi cause I love that you have this store on there it is actually my grandpa's he was the candy man who always sold the candy he is Thomas Judd - I love that store so much so I'm glad you have good memories of it to!

Maren & Danny said...

I love Judds! I take my kids there for the breadsticks all the time! Delicious! Although I think the breadsticks got smaller since I was in 6th grade-or maybe I have gotten bigger? :0)

Hansen Family Six said...

Mic, I went there all the time as a kid with my grandparents in the summertime. My grandma would give me a dollar and I'd come home with a small brown sack of candy that would last me the entire week of our trip to St. George.

Paul