The Stream

Monday, July 7, 2008

Our Lucky 7 Hits 1


Ahhh! It is my dear daughter Micah's birthday. After coaxing Dr. Fetco to perform my c-section on Saturday, we were able to have Micah's birthday on 7-7-07. Easily remembered. Not knowing the gender, the doc hollered, "It's a girl!" She was quiet, calm, and very peaceful, making it very easy to love her and accept her as my third child.

It's days like these that you find yourself the night before flashing back to your first newborn meeting. Micah could do no wrong last night. I smiled as I cleaned up her smudged face, vacuumed up her mess singing, changed her diaper not minding a bit, waited on her, left her in the high chair a little less than my usual hour and let her stay up a few minutes more because she didn't want to go to bed. It was just sigh, after sigh, with a few, "I can't believe you're turning 1" in betweens. For her birthday, we will make her a chocolate cake, since chocolate is what runs thick in the veins of this family. She will get a big piece and be covered and smothered and all over good. For her birthday, I had a hard time deciding what to give her. She wants the channel changer desperately bad, but she is also partial to my telephone. She also likes plant dirt, computer buttons, and lamp cords. Oh! I just can't decide what to go with, you just want to give her all of them. She definitely deserves it, it's her birthday.
Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Micah! One.....WOW!

Angie Cazier said...

WHAT A DOLL.  I THINK SHE LOOKS JUST LIKE YOU.  ARE YOU IN UTAH YET???  WE DEFINATELY NEED A LUNCH DATE.

candrkoch said...

Mic -- Hello, hello! It was so fun to find your message on my blog eons ago! I came to your site, thoroughly enjoying your personality again, only to be interupted by a child and not able to post a hello. Now it's been a few weeks and you've moved, life has been busy, but I wanted to say hello! You were right about a little Santa Clara going a long way -- I love blogging for that very reason. So here's to blogging and keeping in touch with those of our past... Take care & have fun in ST. G! Rachelle

Rachel Oswald said...

Yay Micah! Happy Birthday to the most laid back baby I have ever met. She is so stinkin cute - I love how huge her eyes are in all her photos. Oh, and save one of those Minneapolis mansions for us and we'll be neighbors again :)

Erin said...

Happy birthday to your little one! She's such a cute baby - totally looks like you Mic!
p.s. When are you heading to Utah? Sad we missed each other! (my parents are of course still on good ol' Santa Clara soil!)

Jenny Garlock said...

So cute! Happy Birthday Micah!

Shauntel said...

This is the cutest picture ever! Can I have her? :)

Hope all is going well with the summer - enjoy Utah. I'm coming, I'm coming!

(But not before I find us some excellent knock-off hand bags.) ;)

Jessica said...

1st birthdays are the best!
I've also been dying to ask you what kind of camera you use. I've been trying to learn more about photography as a hobby. Your photos are amazing!

Krista said...

Mic,
Micah looks just like you! I loved the way you put your thoughts into words, it is so true, you learn to enjoy each one a little more, because you fully understand by the third child how fast they grow up! So what is a few minutes later at bedtime! Last night we got our Rhett out of his bed and put him in our bed with us, because we had just discovered he had yet again, put his toothbrushes in the toilet, are we rewarding the behavior - probably - but just as long as he doesn't know why he got some extra cuddles and loves...we can't help but smile, because we know this stage won't last long...too soon he will be all grown up and we might forget the little everday adventures!

Natalie said...

Mic it was so fun seeing you at Tom and Jocelyn's house. Your kids are so cute. You are so funny I love reading your blog it always makes me smile and usually makes me laugh out loud.

Kallas Family said...

Can she be any cuter?? I was thinking of her on the 7th!!

Dave and Mel said...

Are you kidding me- 1 year old already!! time does fly and little "seven" is just too cute with her pink toenails. Remember when we painted Gretchen's nails outside at the playground in Hershey? I love seeing your life in blog world and you look beautiful Mic. Hopefully we can see each other in August!

Mandy said...

Happy Birthday, Micah! I can't believe you're already 1!!!!