The Stream

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Land of the Lakes- Minneapolis, MN

3 rest stops, 11 PB & J's, 4 tanks of gas, 2 walkie talkies, 17 sticks of gum, countless episodes of blasted kid shows, 7 bottles, 1 bag of Reece's pieces, 1,201 miles and 20 hours later......

We're now resting our fine selves in downtown Minneapolis.

Our apartment happens to be located in a lovely part of town in a high rise apartment (thank you UNC). If you were to glance out the window, you might see, two lakes, bikers, runners, runners with dogs, walkers with dogs, standers with dogs, windsurfers with their own kind, canoers, kayakers, and a cheap local fish taco stand. Our apartment has a pool on the roof (that is unfortunately not heated, but kids don't care), a coin-op laundry, and a doorman. The kids and I have 1 week to smell it all before we leave for Utah. When we return in September, I'm sure it will be a whole different earth with the leaves changing along with the air.

4 comments:

Emily S. said...

So are we going to see you or what???? We will miss you at the reunion tomorrow night. :-(

Rachel Oswald said...

I'm glad to hear you guys are settling in well. I love finding cool little places with vintage candy - it's my favorite! It is strange to glance over at your house and realize other people are living in there. We're having the same old fun adventures in the ghetto over here - some punks busted up all the mailboxes on our street last night. The police have been talking to all the neighbors. I moseyed on over to your place and your mailbox appears unscathed - I guess the fools didn't want to go out of their way and target the cul-de-sac. Don't you just miss this place?

Angie Cazier said...

mic, I can't wait to see you. You better call me when you get a min. good luck with the rest of your trip.

melancholyjune said...

Mic, I'm sad I'm never going to see you again! You're just an amazing person and I'm really going to miss you and your family. Have a wonderful time in MN and UT.