The Stream

Monday, December 22, 2014

School Parties

Cub Chorus Performance:

Micah was able to nail her dance performance part that she desperately sought after.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Don't feel like you have to watch the whole thing --I'm doing it for posterity.



Afterwards we met some friends for ice cream at Macey's afterwards.

Untitled

Untitled

Micah had the big 2nd grade Store Day on Thursday.  She worked so hard with her sister constructing the perfect candy store in the basement.  When I went downstairs this is what I found.

Untitled

They had estimated what would have been the height of her desk and then constructed from there.

Untitled

Cute little price list

Untitled

and cute little check list

Untitled

Unfortunately, I barely got my kids off to the bus without losing my cookies and glued myself to the couch all day with an empty big gulp cup. I was sad to miss blessed store day, but I believe her store was a success.

The 19th of December was filled with hyper kids and parties.  I wasn't able to attend all my kid's parties, but I was able to watch from afar.  The school started off with a sing-a-long where I was able to snap a few candid photos.

Untitled

Untitled

I did manage to grab Gretchen's little performance only because 4th grade went first. They were excused to their pioneer Christmas (part of their 4th grade curriculum) which I was involved in and they left shortly after their performance so they would have enough time.  Don't feel like you have to watch the video--I decided I need to put more videos up on the blog for posterity purposes. Gretchen is in the Spanish line in the middle.



With these three women we were able to pull off the bread making portion of the 4th Grade Pioneer Christmas.  They were able to churn butter, sample some bread and learn about the rough times of pioneer life.

Untitled

the second to last group was my Gretchen.

Untitled

She stayed in her pioneer outfit the whole day because she was so darn excited about an old fashioned Christmas.  Those teachers really did a great job incorporating curriculum and Christmas fun.  I have to say, I really think I missed my time period.  I don't think I would have minded the pioneer life. It was simple, hard work, and I like skirts and aprons with big pockets.

I just found her throughout the day doing regular stuff, yet in her pioneer costume which always made me chuckle.

Untitled

Becket had to give the magic bonnet a try. He plays this part so well, it's scary how good he is.  Crack up.

Untitled


No comments: