The Stream

Friday, April 27, 2012

St. George Happenings

Ran down to St. George for a tidbit.  I had a few family things going on and Mat had to work. A perfect opportunity to say see ya to life.  Here are some things to do if you're around the area.

Run up the cinder cone (ancient volcano long ago near Diamond Valley turnoff)


Cinder cone descent

When you get to the top, pose and wave to my Aunt's house down below and all the family and friends gathered there for my cousin's farewell dinner. 

Atop the Cinder Cone

Dine at the Bit and Spur in Springdale.  It was a beautiful night.  The kind that makes you take a deep breath and thank the Lord that you're alive to feel it. Inhale. Exhale.

We were with a dandy group of people and enjoyed a wonderful meal served by Alicia, an old classmate of mine that I haven't seen for over 15 years. That truly made my night, I loved her.

Food reccomendation: Get the Polenta! Loved it!

photo

photo

photo

Check out the Tonaquint park.  I've strolled by this before, but now they have shades up and bench swings----it's really delightful.  Take some ice something because St. George is warming up.

I'm trying to do a dashing, CRAZY pose with niece Ellie, but it turned out to be more of a "Presenting.... pose." I will work on that.

Tonaquint Park

And, of course there there is plenty of rock climbing to humble you.

Green Valley Gap


Congrats to Lexi (Serving an LDS mission in Paris France), Reece (Serving an LDS mission in Hard to say Culiacan, Mexico), and Tyler (Serving an LDS mission in (Birmingham, England)

;

3 comments:

Rachel Oswald said...

Love your long, curly locks in that 3rd pic - you're a beauty! An adventurous one at that!

shelob said...

If I'd tried the crazy pose on the tire swing, I would have fallen flat on the ground on my head-- and THAT would have been the photo.

Emily S. said...

I love your blog because of the awesome photos!